Monday, December 6, 2021

Wargames Bingo Part 4

 Halfling Knights, Finishing Off Figures & Chrimbo Duels


I continue to work my way through the Wargaming bingo card and now I am having think about what projects are need to complete the remaining squares. Which is an interesting way to drive some unusual projects. I got a scenery kit at Salute which I plan to do to finish another square. 

No.13 - Break out a game or army you have not played in over a year, Play it and paint at least one new model for your force.


Now this is a technical choice, as I haven't played any games for over a year prior to the Fantasy Warrior's game last month. So technically any figure would count against this square. However, I haven't played Fantasy Warriors for at least a couple of years prior to Lockdown. So I think this follows both the letter and the spirit of the request.


My unit of revenants have been missing a standard bearer for dome time and this is a Bob Naismith sculpt done for Grenadier (via Fornlorn Hope). This figure seems to respond very well to a bit dry brushing after the washes. Making a quick and fun job of completing this figure.    

14. Paint a new version of one of your old character models. (Maybe the same sculpt, an updated sculpt or a newly converted version)

Before Repainting!


During Repainting

I have posted this figure before Halfling Knight and as seems to be the case at the moment, this figure is the one that inspired me to (re)create my current halfling army. The halfling army like the undead and Chaos armies which were all started as a mini-project to paint one or two figures. 

I had a unit of five halfling knights, so have painted this model at least six times now and may paint another of the remaining halfling knights with a bit of light modification. Sadly I don't have all five knights now and don't have any pictures of the original paint jobs. 

and After

No.15 Make a diorama (Simply placing a unit or army on a display board does not count)


Barbarians vs Fighting Men


Undead vs. Halflings



Now I have just completed  three small dioramas (third one with pictures to follow) as Christmas presents. So this completes this bingo square. The theme of the dioramas is Fantasy Warrior duels. So not surprisingly the figures are all old Grenadier figures by Mark Copplestone and Bob Naismith. 

The undead giant is still available for just over £4 which seems an absolute bargain from Fornlorn Hope. 

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...