Monday, August 23, 2021

Grenadier's Halfling Knight

 Repainting a Favourite

Back in the nineties when I was running display games for Grenadier. I had a halfling army made up of Mark Copplestone's excellent halflings. Prior to the reimagining of halflings following the Lord of the Rings films. These were easily the best halflings on the market and haven't really been beaten.  Now I have repainted a number of the halflings from their original nineties paint jobs in an effort to 'improve' them. Plus rebased them twice to suit the rules of the day.  My only gripe was the lack of militia types which Mark fixed when he did some more for Copplestone castings. 

In their nineties glory with bog standard flock bases.

An 'improved' set from the 2000's

Anyway, I decided it was time to have a go at repainting the halfling knight. Who was one the best from a great lot of figures. It is a pity that it is not a two piece casting so that it would be easier to swap the rider for other figures. 

Mark 1 Paint Job


As the base shows, sculpted in 1992 and named Fluffy...

Painted using citadel paints and inks. I did use a contrast paint for the horses body. But wasn't entirely happy with result and I ended up adding extra highlights and washes. But overall I am pleased with the final result. 

Mark 2 Paint Job

Against orc raiders



Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Very cool figure! Really like how he came out, the heraldry is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am thinking I will do a few more to make a warband.

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...