Friday, August 16, 2024

Into the Dungeon Again

A Fun Side-Track


Once I had created the scenic display, I immediately had ideas about how to improve it. The mark one version was held together with blue tack and the light was coming out the joins. So I went about gluing it together and adding some details. I then decided add some dungeon scatter and played around with the lights. This gives me the option to use it again as a another semi-permanent display board. 


The dungeon scatter was a mix of crushed stone, brown scatter, green scatter, birch seeds, broken up and painted matchsticks, gold glitter and bones, broken weapons and shields from the bits box. And scattered liberally around the base of the diorama. 


Dungeon adventurers beware of 'unguarded' treasure! 


Repair work continues on these old high elves, this time with a replacement spear*. A metal pin was carefully inserted into the broken spear shaft, the spear head was created from a press mould and the two were joined together with a green stuff collar. Which matches up with some of the same era high elves. 


*The spears on these old lead minis seem especially prone to damage. 

As usual (and entirely necessary), its time for a Friday night beer. And this week is an old favourite - Hobgoblin Gold.  

Rob






3 comments:

  1. Those photos are top notch stuff, I really like what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly atmospheric! I love the visual symmetry between the high elves and the wights, very effective. Adds to the drama

    ReplyDelete

Colours 2024

No I Cant Say It Its September so I can't say that word, but I did buy the Oakbound Advert Calendar to use in the 12th month. Something ...