Friday, December 3, 2021

Lone Wolf Nidnuks & Emerald Prince

Only One Lone Wolf Figure left & the Emerald Prince

Easy Prey?

So I have nearly painted all of the figures in my Lone Wolf collection. Only one Giak left to paint. Whilst I will keep an eye out for the remaining figures. The prices are usually beyond what I am prepared to pay so my collection is almost finished for now My Lone Wolf collection Picture.  Anyway the two Nidnuks have now been been finished. These Nidnuks  are small mouse men who act as scavengers in the Lone Wolf world. 


The figures are really small, only about 10mm high. So time for the small brushes!

Gary Chalk has done a couple of pictures (One shown below) of them for the Lone Wolf books. Which nicely capture the spirit of the characters. I am not sure that these sculpts quite meet the high standards of the drawings. Fortunately other figures in the range do a much better capturing the spirit of the books and Gary Chalk's illustrations. 

Nidnuk Chieftain by Gary Chalk

Finishing off Some Fae


After my Fantasy Warriors game, last month. I was inspired to finally get round to finishing off one my Fae units, The Wild Hunt. The Wild Hunt was missing the leader of the hunt - The Emerald Prince. In the game, the Wild Hunt couldn't finish off the Grateful Dead A Finely Balanced Encounter and fight lasted nearly all game. So I think the leader of the hunt would have helped tip the balance in favour of the Wild Hunt. This just leaves the sprite unit from my original Fae army plan. Maybe I might get them finished before Christmas...


I chose a classic Mark Copplestone wood elf warchief  from Grenadier (via Fornlorn Hope). As with all of the elves in the Fae army. I have avoid going for 'normal' flesh colours, so as the name suggested I went all in with the colour green. Which was an interesting change to stick to a smaller range of colours. He looks a bit darker in the photos than in 'real' life but overall I think he fits the bill. However, I would of liked a couple of extra different greens. So I could do with a wider range of paints. It is always more exciting to buy figures but a few more paints is a must over the next few months.

Rob  

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff and impressive commitment.

    Am I right to assume that the Emerald Prince inspired by the Green Knight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In short yes. definitely inspired by the green knight. I would get an even wilder looking figure but this old Grenadier elven warchief will do for now.

      Delete
  2. Well done. What Line Wolf figures are you missing? They are very hard to track down...I finally got myself a Gourgaz recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four - Helghast, guard, guard captain and necromancer ( I can't remember his name). Annoyingly I had three of them historically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vonotar? Yes, tricky to find...I'll keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...