Friday, December 24, 2021

Celtos Sidhe

 Quick Post Before Christmas


Just finished these Sidhe (elves) from Brigade Miniatures (Fomally Celtos). I think they have come out well. I am much happier with the skin tone which is a Citadel mid-grey (can't remember which one) with a Nuln oil wash. Earlier Fae elves were done with the same technique but the effect wasn't as smooth. The only difference was these elves were done with a new bottle of Nuln oil. So I am thinking that the older bottle either had started to separate or just wasn't as good?

This completes the Winter Guard for the dread Fae Queen Morgana. I am trying to finish off the few remaining core units of my Fae army.




Rob 

2 comments:

  1. It just goes to show... I've seen pictures of these sculpts numerous times and always thought they looked a bit naff. But you've really brought out the otherworldly character of them, especially with that skintone. Looks like I judged these models completely wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, I wasn't particularly impressed with them until after I had painted them and was just using them as a unit filler. But I am now thinking of getting some more.

    ReplyDelete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...