Thursday, December 30, 2021

Hecatron, My Precious & Grey

 Third Time Lucky

This is the third time I have selected a model for  Ugrash-Ka (the first two were a Classic Dunderling and then a Hill Troll champion), as leader of the Vile Rune orcs. However, this is the model given the original scenario. So, seems very appropriate. I came across him while looking for something else on eBay. The model is a 1970's Ral Partha Hecatron. A bit small by today's standard but still a great sculpt by Tom Meier? While my original plan was for a minimal number of extra figures sometimes you have to go with the flow.

Hecatron alongside a modern (90s) Grenadier Knight


Joe Dever's Original

 ME-82  'The Hobbit' Personalities - Gollum (2 of 4)



Hot on the heels of Gandalf, I finished the tidy up of Gollum. The only Gollum figure done for the original 80's range. As has been remarked before there are plenty of different models of Aragon, Gandalf etc.  but some obvious gaps such as Galadriel. Fortunately they managed to add Gollum before they stopped producing the LotR range. 


Its Stomping Time

As the bases for the Oakbound figures are much larger than I  would normally use, I have decided that they need a mini-diorama and Bruce the Troll is obviously trying to stomp something. So a few sprites (from Eureka) and some toadstools seems like an natural fit with the Fae army. 

Quick test build for Bruce

I See Grey People

My plan to clear the decks of nearly finished stuff has worked, but I am now left with undercoated figures. Now onto 2022.


Rob

5 comments:

  1. Yay. Hecatron...my all time favourite fantasy figure.Top choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I meant to add your paint job is very close to Joe's original 👍

      Delete
    2. That's the paint job it came with. Do you have any colour pictures of the original? I am planning to do a tidy up on him.

      Delete
    3. I was looking at a tiny pic on my phone and I can see he's a bit battered now.... apologies! I own the original that's in the black and white picture so I'll email you a pic this evening after work.

      Delete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...