Sunday, December 12, 2021

Dori the Dwarf

 Finished One at Last...



Dori has been sitting on the paint bench for the last couple of months. I haven't quite managed to motivate myself to finish him as I wasn't particularly happy with the finish on Oin.  They don't seem to have enough detailing for my taste, on these Hobbit figures. I am definitely not happy with the definition seen after applying washes. So have ended up adding a second wash and highlight to Dori to give him  a bit more definition.  And he seems much better for it.

I always intended this to be a side project but 3 months without any progress is a bit slow even for me. Anyway I have started prepping both Nori & Ori to be painted next.


Another grey colour scheme  for Nori but he will need to look different to Oin.


My least favourite character from the film  and the 'token' comedy dwarf which Peter Jackson seems a bit too keen on. I just don't get why one of the other dwarves wouldn't give him a sword or something! Especially when you think he is one of the dwarves that accompanies Balin to Moria. 

Rob 

3 comments:

  1. Looking good! I also found that you had to increase the definition on some of these plastic dwarves. But the flat cloth areas do lend themselves really well to trying out different shades of the same colour and differently painted patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice painting, but by ye gods I hated those films,and the dwarves in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that, I certainly have mixed feelings about the The Hobbits films.

      Delete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...