Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Six of the Best - Session 3

 First Stab at the Base Coats Plus a Dwarf


Finished the first round of base colours on the Necron and managed to use all five of the base colours. I am debating whether to use the Reikland Fleshshade over the whole model or make up some washes for the grey/blue colours. Before I decide, I am going to do a test wash on spare model to decide if the shading looks good enough. I have found that the Citadel shades give a very precise shading over the painted area. Whereas the classic homemade washes made by watering down normal paints don’t always give a very even or satisfactory finish. Adding a little bit of washing up liquid can help but the truth is that the modern shades are just much better. 

His colour scheme does look a bit like an Ultramarine but I plan to add a lot more red so this should change a bit later. 


Finally Started Dori

After a couple of months quietly sitting on the paint bench. I finally started Dori. I took a quick picture to look at the detailing and realised I it was accidently a nicely staged picture.

Look behind you!

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...