Tuesday, January 25, 2022

My Top 3 Terry Pratchett Novels

Discworld Choices

In reply to a question, I am posting my favourite Terry Pratchett novels. With over forty novels and many different arcs it can be quite dauting to decide where to start. This is very much a personal choice and there are many other great books by Terry Pratchett.

Lords & Ladies

Published 1992


Any book with Granny Weatherwax and Nanny Ogg can't be bad but Lords and Ladies is my favourite witches story from memory (this may change after I read them all again in order). The witches take on the elves, but these elves very much mad, bad and dangerous to know. Not your friendly wood elf.

Feet of Clay

Published 1996


Sam Vimes of the Ankh-Morpork City Guard is on the case, and this case is treason.  Not so much of a whodunit but whydunit. Terry at his best using the discworld and as a colourful backdrop to his crime caper.

The Colour of Magic

Published 1983


Or you could just go back to the start with the first Discworld novel and join Rincewind and Twoflowers on their journey across Discworld. There is also a pair of great graphic novels covering the Colour of magic and the sequel the Light Fantastic.

My rather battered copies


Rob 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your tips from both of us! We are really spoilt for choice ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of these three I have only read the Colour of Magic - might have to pick up the other two as well. I love Pratchett's style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely see the Discworld and the main characters evolving as the books progressed. Which is why I am planning on reading them in order this time.

      Delete

Escape From Goblin Town (Take 2) - Battle 1

Here We Go Again Replayed the first game again with my scenario changes, which in this game was an extra walkway. I dislike scenarios where ...