Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Still Distracted

 But I Did do the Paint Stripper

Still didn't finish the dwarves, so I did some other stuff. 


But I did finish the barmaid and decided to put together the Viking house  (From Renedra at the bargain price of £5) I got at Salute this year. It was really all of the accessories that came with the set that attracted me. They all look very useful for a baggage train. Plus I now plan use the Viking house with the dwarves. 


Benni in all his unpainted glory. Paint stripping is one of those jobs that I am never very keen to do. So a little pile of miniatures usually waits for some time until I can get round to it. After painting the barmaid I thought it would be good to do him too. So tonight was right for paint stripping. Plus it make available a couple of other figures I also want to paint. 


The first of the centaurs started, I need for Thistlewood. I don't think I will do the other two (only three needed) the same way but I will see how this one goes.  The beastman is one of a job lot off of eBay and I found I didn't need to strip the paint off  the others as it acted as a reasonable undercoat. And the horse is from Lord of the Rings. 


Finally put together the 2012 Salute figure. 

Rob 

3 comments:

  1. Lots of distractions! Your ability to work on different projects at the same time is the envy of us, unable to work on just one with continuity. Have a nice time! By the way, what is Thistlewood?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thistlewood is the first Warhammer published in White Dwarf. I have a Thistlewood tag if you want to read more about it.

      Delete
    2. Many thanks - we just saw that we have a ton of posts to read on the subject on your blog! Never having heard of it is probably due to the fact that even the eldest of us, R, was a teenager in the Middlehammer era...

      Delete

Escape From Goblin Town (Take 2) - Battle 1

Here We Go Again Replayed the first game again with my scenario changes, which in this game was an extra walkway. I dislike scenarios where ...