Sunday, February 13, 2022

Beachhead 2022 - In the Woods

 Leprechauns Take the Day

Whilst at Beachhead 2022 at Bournemouth today. We got the chance to play 'The Woods'. With Geoff  from Oakbound taking us through the game mechanics. 

Obviously it was my skill with the rules and superior gameplay gave me the win.  But it didn't hurt to have a powerful witch leading my team. 


My Leprechaun Warband 

My Leprechaun  warband consisted for a Leprechaun Hag Queen (Who was the best Fateweaver on the board)on the far right, Fir Darrig (deputy leader), three Leprechauns and three owl spotters.  I don't believe these figures are out yet so it was great to taken them for a spin. 

We were all chasing after sacred banner in the centre of the battlefield. 

The Gnawlochs adopt a cautious deployment behind the wall.

The Myeri swagger forward

Led by a  leader with a fearsome looking longsword.

The Hag Queen used her magic to move the banner to middle of the Leprechauns. 

The Gnawlochs scurried after the banner


The Myeri warriors bash the lone Leprechaun

The Myeri sorceress used her magics
to pin the banner to the ground. 

But the Myeri were too late, as the Hag Queen commanded
 Fir Darrig to escape the with the banner.
Allowing the Leprechauns to win the game. 

We all had a good time learning the rules and look forward to playing the game again.  

Thanks Geoff taking us through the game. 

Some shifty looking goblins. 

Even more shifty goblins. 

Terrain for the battle. 

Great terrain used on the day, 

Rob 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like a grand day out! Will you be at The Woods in the Woods this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking about, and would like to. I will also try post some of my attempts to get to grips with the rules.

      Delete
  2. Great photos. I field a leprechaun warband in The Woods and they are great fun to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leprechauns are probably my favourite band now. Tricksy fun all round! Great photos of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to give the Leprechauns a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came across Geoff and his game as I was wondering around, very eye-catch table. Didn't get to play but picked up the rules. Read them, placed order Friday and today arrived Mythic Cycles, field of vision templates, Gnawloch warband, Myeri warband plus Draoi and another little goodie. Looking forward to getting these folk on the table. Very pleased with the mini's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the mini's also attracted me to the game.

      Delete
    2. Hope you enjoy, keep us posted on your painting and gaming experiences. :)
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/WoodsPlayersWorldwide

      Delete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...