Tuesday, February 8, 2022

I Get Distracted and Put Stuff Off

 Halfling Barmaid

Couldn't quite get motivated to finish the latest batch of dwarf sappers so ended up painting a halfling barmaid instead. This was bit of a random choice as I didn't decide to paint her until  I was looking at my shelf of unpainted figures trying not to think about not painting the dwarves. 


I was rushing to finish this figure (who looks much better painted than undercoated) and ended up painting the face twice  because I added the wash too heavily. Of course, I prefer the first effort. 


Still the barrel came out well.


She will join of the halfling baggage train. To keep the troops well stocked in ale. 

Thanks Stuff of Legends for the picture, saves me hunting
in the loft for my copy of the 1986 Citadel Journal

A very nice 80's Citadel C11 Halfling. I also have Benni who needs a dip in the paint stripper. Presumably named after the famous Crossroads character (If you don't get the reference then you are probably too young!) because of his hat. 

Rob 

5 comments:

  1. A really nice distraction! I love the shade of green on her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice character, and the wood of the barrel turned out to be really realistic! Your barmaid reminded us of a question that we have asked ourselves from time to time in front of Citadel civil miniatures, perhaps very particular but clearly not armed, not even with improvised weapons such as sticks, pitchforks and the like. Are they meant for WHFB? And how are they playable?
    Let's wait to see Benni too, as soon as he comes out of the stripper's bathroom ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you look at the way the halfling range develops over time you can definitely see the shift from quirky role playing figures to Warhammer army figures. On those early ranges you could put together a militia unit but would struggle to get unit of differently posed archers.

      Delete
  3. Cracking work. Very tempted to do some halflings myself at some stage. Amazing how Benny entered to public psyche with his little woolly hat

    ReplyDelete
  4. The halfling army may not be a power players army but is great fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...