Sunday, February 20, 2022

Let There Be Light

 Wargames Bingo and Viking Houses


16. Build and Paint a Scenery Kit 

(This may be the stock kit or with minor variations)

I have now finished putting together the Viking house and accessories, I expect the pots and bowls will continue to pop up as background items in lots of future pictures (already planning to use them with the halfling baggage train).  The kit went together very easily and has painted up quickly with a combination of washes and drybrushing. 

Whilst changing the kitchen, I have rescued a couple of fluorescent light fittings for painting and photography.  Primarily to see what effect it would have on my photos. 

With standard light bulb

With standard and fluorescent light bulbs

The fluorescent bulb seems to have taken the yellow out of the picture and make the blue a bit deeper.  I will continue to use the standard bulbs when I want a more yellow light such as a sunset or torchlight. 

Sally the barmaid fetches ale from the cellar. 


17. Paint a Model or Unit in a Colour Scheme You Don’t Normally Use



Given the whole challenge was to use six random paints to paint a random figure. Then I figure this covers using a paint scheme you don't normally use. Especially as I probably would have gone straight for an antique bronze  and golds. If I was painting this model using a free choice of paints. 

Wargames Bingo Progress



I continue to work through my wargames bingo card, but it is getting harder to complete the remaining squares. So I will now need to start a few projects especially to finish the last ones. 

Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Nice scenery and we agree that the new lights recovered from the kitchen work well to make different hours of the day ... but maybe you should also foresee an alternative sky background, because the current one has orange shades of sunrise / sunset.
    Your bingo at first sight seems scary, because we would still be in the first box, but it is a brilliant idea to carry out projects and experiment new things. Let's cheer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. Doing the bingo card has made me do a few little projects which stretch my skills and try a few different things.

    ReplyDelete

Escape From Goblin Town (Take 2) - Battle 1

Here We Go Again Replayed the first game again with my scenario changes, which in this game was an extra walkway. I dislike scenarios where ...