Sunday, April 23, 2023

That's It Zombie Horde Done

The Full Horde


All fifty zombies done, and in the end I ended doing twenty more than I was originally planning but they were so much fun to do, I just had to keep going. It does illustrate the versatility of plastic kits, as I probably would have struggled to do ten if I had to put them together as per the standard builds. As I didn't even manage to put the first batch together before I started modding them. The weapons from the Oathmark goblins came in really handy and most of the weapons come from these sprues. It also inspired me to dig around the bits box and come up with extra zombies. 

This is the first unit painted using the airbrush and with zenithal highlighting.  I didn't stick to the standard black/white zenithal highlighting and certainly was interesting trying different colour combinations. Some obviously worked better than others. And ironically the first batch is probably my favourite. 



Standard bearer inspired by Fraser Gray's zombie banner. As quite often happens, I look at these pictures whilst writing the blog and notice something I missed or would like to change. In this case, the banner looks a bit too straight edged and will have be roughened up a bit. 


The command group. 

Again the airbrush really helped to do the object source lighting. And she looks much better after this repaint. Providing a point of interest for the zombies. 




Rob 

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! This is truly awesome! The good work paid off. Oh, and I specially love the banner. I understand what you say, but I think it's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the summary. Behind your horde there is a lot of work, which however allowed you to get in the end not a generic unit of zombies, but YOUR unit, where you have chosen and often built every single member. The flag finally makes a good impression, also because its size matches the size of the horde. Is it made of painted paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys - Malacassa

    ReplyDelete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...