Sunday, April 9, 2023

Hang On a Minute

I Think I have an Idea


With only four zombies left to finish (maybe I will take them up to fifty?). I was thinking I was probably nearly done. But I decided this unit was missing something, which was a centre piece model. I quite liked the idea of an old Citadel Death Elemental but I decided to go a  different way. 

I have a Reaper miniatures Banshee miniature sculpted by Gene Van Horne. Which,  I bought a few years ago simply because I really liked the sculpt. However, I was never really happy with the paint job I did on her and thought this would be a great opportunity repaint using zenithal highlighting. And hopefully end up with a finished figure that I actually like. Given how much I dislike using paint stripper, you will appreciate how much I don't like the current paint scheme. While technically there isn't  much wrong with her (given my standard of painting at the time) the colour scheme just never worked. 

The figure would be a bit big for a 20mm base, so I will mount her on a 40mm base with a couple of zombies bursting through the ground around her. 


 


Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...