Friday, May 13, 2022

Boromir of Gondor (Again)

Captain of the White Tower

I have been looking for this version of Boromir for some time  and my previous Oldhammer Boromir (Boromir of Gondor) was bought as part of my attempt to put together an Oldhammer fellowship. As I am not very keen on all of the the actual Oldhammer fellowship figures in the set. I think they were done by different sculptors working in very different styles. 

So had stopped looking for this version of Boromir after I got the previous one and then came across him on unrelated search at a reasonable price.  Work on the Thistlewood goblins also continues. 


Clan of the Cave Bear


Finished off the first of the hunters. The cave bear was a Poundshop special (Cave Bear). Which at first I thought was a bit big. However a quick search online uncovered the North American short-faced bear.   Which is an extinct bear genus that inhabited North America from  ~2.5 Mya until 10,000 years ago (So present in the time of modern humans). Considered to be one of the largest known terrestrial mammalian carnivorans that has ever existed. Rangier and longer legged than any bear today, it was about five feet at the shoulders when walking and stood as tall as 12 feet on its hind legs. It was thought it could run at up to 40 mph. So even running away would be a problem!




Rob 

1 comment:

  1. That Boromir really is a beautiful sculpt! Will be a great addition to your collection!

    ReplyDelete

Ral Partha Cloud Giant Finished

Ok - So I have a Bit More to do on the Base But let's Not talk About That! I am calling this one done, I want to add a bit more to the b...