Monday, May 30, 2022

Vexed Again

 And It was all Going so Well

Well it was obviously to good to last  and the next figure I tried to paint with Hexwraith flame went horribly wrong tonight. I have been trying different colours as base colours. The greys and buff colours seem to work well as base colours with this type of technical paint. 

So I tried more brighter under colour, yellow. Which I thought would work well with the green of the Hexwraith flame but just seemed to lose any contrast. Ironically the more stark grey has kept the contrast and taken the paint better.  I will let it dry and before I decide what to do next. 

Looks better in the picture!
Trust me on this one. 

On the High Seas

On the other hand, at least the Scale 75 Cobalt Alchemy metallic paint has come out better this time. I didn't use any silver in the highlight and as a consequence the metals have retained their bluish tint. These vintage high elves seems to be going a sea elf direction but this fits the shell style helmet and nautical dress style. 

Ahoy Captain!
Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...