Saturday, September 5, 2026

A Day at the Races

 A Bit of Money was spent

A grand day out at the Colours war game show at the Newbury racecourse today. A great mix of different traders and games. I managed a nice little haul including the new 2026 Oakbound advent calendar. It is quickly becoming my favourite show of the year. 

Once again Geoff from Oakbound has produced a eye-catching looking calendar. And while I haven't had a proper look yet as there still as a couple of months to go. It has a resin boat with a ratman captain, a map and a game book. As well as the mystery boxes. 



I also played ‘Will the Portcullis Fall at The Castle? – Écorcheurs’ which was a fun and straight forward skirmish game set in the hundred years’ war. I did lose but at least I went down fighting.

In case you are wondering I was the blues (Lancastrians) against the red Yorkists. And got caught in the narrow lanes behind the houses. It didn't help when my second in command ended up at the back and couldn't get through and then my leader got surrounded by a couple of Yorkist thugs. But Ã‰corcheurs was easy to play and we quickly got the knack of the rules. 







Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment