Saturday, August 5, 2023

Sometimes You Just Have to Roll with It

 It Wasn't Part of the Plan!

Just finishing the latest of my 80's Aly Morrison high elves and had one last task to do. Fit the shield on to the mini. Now, I don't have enough of the original plastic shields. So, I have had make a few. I generally prefer using Milliput for these kind of jobs over Green Stuff as it dries harder with less flex.  The obvious downside it is a bit more brittle. 

Despite fitting this shield onto the mini half a dozen times, the final time was when I cracked it. After I short period of practising my list of swear words. I decided to keep it and just fill it in with a bit of Agrax Earthshade. After all even elven equipment must get a bit of battle damage. 




The elf on left is from one the first ranges of slotta figures late in 1985 and elf on the right is from the last range of pre-slotta high elves in early 1985. Between these two ranges the high elves have suddenly lost all of the luxury items such as furs, eastern inspired arms and armour. And the later elves have gone for a classic European medieval fantasy mode. Both are sculpted by Aly Morrison it almost as if he was told to rein it in for the later range. After having too much fun on the earlier figures. 


Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...