Saturday, May 6, 2023

Monsters in the Night

Witch's Familiar

A familiar for the 3rd witch from Bad Squiddo. Who will also join the ranks of the Fae army. 



According the Bad Squiddo website, The mjölkhare is made by a witch out of hair, bones, butter, mud, earwax, blood, yarn, cloth and all other sorts of gross! She sends it out to steal or spoil the milk (a valuable resource!).

'Mjölkhare fetch some milk'


The Project that Would Not Die


Ok, so I want a few more zombies and they mostly came out of the bits box and left over zombie parts. I was thinking as they are the risen dead, they may still have source of the demise still stuck in them. So, they have arrows and spears still sticking out. As they are all quite well armoured, they may form a bodyguard for a zombie king. As I plan to add another larger figure as another focal point. This will bring the total number of zombies up to 60 so they could be split into two useful units of thirty. So, I will also need a second banner bearer. 


I particularly like the guy with a spear sticking out of his back. 


Getting on with Stuff from Salute.


As I had three minotaurs all the same, I have decided to do a bit of simple conversion on two of them to break up the silhouettes. At £2 each they were a bit of a bargain. 


Trying out a zenithal highlight on  a white coloured model.  Using a light grey as the lowlight. 


Rob

2 comments:

  1. What a lot of different stuff... and everything looks so lovely! I didn't know of the Mjölkhare and I find it specially interesting, not only as a concept, but also in terms of sculpting and paintjob, which I think is really inspiring, you did a great, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep - Bad Squiddo do some great and interesting figures.

      Delete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...