Monday, May 1, 2023

Back to the Hunt

I Painted Something Real!


I picked these deer a up at Salute when I went to the Warbases stand. They weren't on the list but I saw them and thought Paleo-hunt. And at £3 for the pair it it didn't take long to decide to buy them. 

As they are real world animals, I decided I would have a go at painting them following the actual animal patterns. After a quick search of the internet, the European fallow deer was chosen. As it is a bit more than the bog-standard brown. Not quite sure I got the colour quite right (a bit more red next time) but makes an interesting change to paint to a fixed colour scheme. 


The hunter takes aim

The fallow deer

Not surprisingly, deer were on the
menu for our pre-historic ancestors

Rob 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that's quite an interesting piece, very few people pay attention to wild fauna, and it's quite a fun thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work: it seems to us that you have reproduced well the colour and pattern of the fur of the deer you have chosen as a model. Do you have other wildlife in the pipeline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, got some ducks from Warbases to do - Malacassa.

      Delete
  3. We see deer quite a bit when out and about in the Peak District, I'd say your colours are spot on for a fallow deer like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I would paint them more of a rusty red next time.

      Delete

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...