Sunday, March 21, 2021

Army Building Rules

 My Game My Rules!


So I have decided on a few ground rules for building this army

  1. Stick to a limit of £30 for the first part of this army. I want to see if a can build a core for this army before starting to buy lots of random figures. I think this is especially important with this type of army as it is all too easy to wander off  and buy all kinds of figures without being able to use them in a satisfying way to fit the army theme.
  2. Ideas will change as the army develops so keep in mind the theme when buying  that next shiny figure.
  3. Miniatures already in the lead pile do not count towards Rule No. 1. Even better if I can actually paint up some stuff that has been sitting around for years. 

First Steps

So the first thing I did was have look around my collection for miniatures that might be useful. On first go it was not impressive. A couple of broken Grenadier Elves, some wolves/hounds and a couple of plastic spiders. 

Definitely not an Oldhammer troll!

However once I had another look around I did find a Bob Olley Marsh troll by Reaper Miniatures.  I gift from last Christmas because I liked the sculpt but he didn't really fit in with the Chaos army or anything else i have been working on. So he remained unpainted on the lead pile for the last few months. However, I think he has a suitably Fae look so now he's in. Not sure what I am going field him as yet so not all of the details have been worked out. 

I have ordered a couple of Ex-Grenadier Druids, as Mark Copplestone's Celtic inspired Wood elves look great and will give me a chance to try out my colour schemes. 

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...