Sunday, January 3, 2021

Making Oldhammer Shields

 Making Oldhammer Shields

Two Chaos warriors with Oldhammer Sculpted shields. 

I have never really used Green Stuff much however after reading an excellent tutorial on the Lost & Very Damned Blog Quick-orcy-shields I decided to give it a go. As I have started building a WFB 3rd Ed. Chaos army and thought these would give it a nice Oldhammer vibe (More of this on a later post). 

I recommend that you have look at post on the Lost & Very Damned blog as it very good. The couple of points that I would add: i) is start with a main feature such as the nose as this helped to develop look of the face ii) add the Green Stuff in small amounts as it is easier to manage and iii) like most things it getter easier with practise!

The first two :  Fishman & Gonzo

First  two after painting

The nose on Fishman definitely went wrong and got pushed out of shape as I was adding the eyes. Which is why I find it easier to add the Green Stuff in small amounts. Gonzo worked a bit better!

I didn't have any small beads and so used some pre-prepared small balls of Green Stuff. Later I moved to using Milliput for the eyes which is a bit harder and stands out better whilst sculpting. 

Undeterred, I had a another go and found a it a bit easier the second time around.

The second batch in green

Second batch after painting.


Two of my Chaos warriors with their Oldhammer Shields.

I have carried on and plan to make one for each of my the Beastmen in the upcoming chaos army.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dori's Last Stand

The Dwarves Take A Beating So, this version of the scenario offers a choice on which extra dwarves to take, with a total of five now availab...