Sunday, March 5, 2023

Sunday Night Painting Session 2

 One Hour Speed painting Challenge

Sunday night is usually the one night of the week, that I can take my time painting.  So it is a bit iconic that I set myself a speed painting challenge! Didn't have any particular plans when I sat down to do some painting this evening. But I did want to finish something, so I quickly gave up trying to paint any wild elves as they are all at the beginning the painting process and they have too many colours and details to paint quickly. So, I picked  a figure off my opportunity pile (pile of shame) and decided to see how far I could get in one hour. This did mean using the little heater in my painting study to speed up the drying process. 

So, I mostly finished her in one hour. I did some very quick wet blending on the skin and used a variant of the technique I have been using to paint the hair on the wild elves. Which is to paint Nuln oil direct onto the grey undercoat and then dry brush with white. In this case I used a dark green ink as the shadow instead of Nuln oil and I quite pleased with the result.  The base will get finished later.


Not sure which manufacturer made her but I seem to think she was part of the Void range?!! I picked up a show many years ago because I though she would make a great heroine for my Cyberpunk gang. 

Just noticed the back of leg
which I have to touch up!

Rob 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and quick work: we admire you even more because "speed" is a word that for us is incompatible with painting. The wet blending on the skin turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete

Goblin Town Battle 4 - Guard the Crossing

The Dwarves Finally Win One! So, finally a scenario which generated a bit tension with Thorin & Co. only just holding on to take the win...