Sunday, March 12, 2023

Doing Some Painting (a Bit)

 Project Slann

I after a bit of thinking I realised I don't have to sculpt a whole figure. So, I am thinking about using bodies and arms from figures like savage orcs. Then I only have to sculpt the heads and the legs. Just need to get some savage orc figures...


And a Figure off the Opportunity Pile


Again with limited time and motivation I picked another figure off the opportunity pile. A half finished Rogue Trader ork leftover from last Orktober.  These were an attempt at Zenithal highlighting with a spray can, so they lack some of the smoothness you get from an airbrush.  But great fun to paint  and bags of character. Definitely a low effort painting session. 



Rob 

4 comments:

  1. Haha, you may say the effort is low, but the results are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ork is cute: is it a Kev Adams sculpture? The little frog head too is an encouraging start: we look forward to seeing how you join it to the body of an orc, in an experiment worthy of dr. Frankeinstein (or Lady Wittgenstein).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wargames Atlantic's classic fantasy lizardmen for the bodies might be worth a look at.. not perfect but.. good price and worth just looking at.

    Oh and Rodor, that is 'Gog the Gogler'/ 'Gorgrim Throatripper' and yes, a Kev Adams sculpt, as the finest goblinoids are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay in replying to comments but I have managed to lock myself out of my comments section! Anyway thanks for the comments Rob

    ReplyDelete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...