Sunday, March 19, 2023

An Unexpected Bonus

 Only 39?

Not had a lot of hobby time in the last few weeks but did manage to get a bit of paint on  a few figures and even finished another wild elf.  

Like many people in the UK today, the family and I popped home to see our mums on Mothering Sunday.  After a very nice lunch, an afternoon stroll was called for to work off some of that excellent food. Whilst walking around the town, my daughter wanted to pop into a charity shop that happened to be open. 

Once inside I noticed a box of zombies from Kings of War. I had a quick look inside and all of the figures were still on the sprues and everything seemed in order. So forty (Actually it was thirty nine but still very much a bargain) zombies for a tenner is a bargain.   Even with one missing this means each zombie only costs 26p each. I plan to mix these up with spare weapons etc. from the revenants set which will give a nice mix of armed and unarmed  cannon fodder. 

Presumably an unwanted Christmas present, as the set is dated Nov 2022. 

Anyway this will be a welcome addition to slowly growing undead horde. Once I paint a few more elves. 

A great looking Celtos Wild elf.


The Kings of War Zombie sprue

Time for some zombies...


I also want to try and finish a few of those figures which I bought at Salute 2021 before I go to Salute 2023. 

Boris with green zenithal.

Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes bargains are found when we least expect them...and they are pleasant surprises, even if they add dangerously to the pile of shame! We too have some bits of the KoW zombie sprues to use as basing accessories: we have to say they are well made and compatible with older GW plastic miniatures. Your work on the Celtic-style elf is great, and now we're waiting to see some colour on the...troll?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love those Celtos Sidhe. I use them for my Egyptian-themed high elves alongside Wargods of Aegyptus stuff. Bargainously priced from Brigade Models too. Also pleased to see Boris in murk.

    ReplyDelete

Goblin Town Battle 4 - Guard the Crossing

The Dwarves Finally Win One! So, finally a scenario which generated a bit tension with Thorin & Co. only just holding on to take the win...