Monday, September 19, 2022

Prehammer?

Starting More Stuff


Odd weekend this week, with the Queen's funeral and the extra bank holiday.  Not managing to finish much at the moment but I am managing to start stuff. The title of this post refers to the two very old figures I am painting at the moment both of which were realised around the same time as the first edition of Warhammer in 1983. 

Skarlos, Half-Elf Hero

Bryan Ansell's Heroic Adventurers - September 1983

 

I need some villagers for the next scenario in the Scouring campaign and so any lightly armed figures are top of the list. A couple of the ruffians may have to swap sides for this scenario to make up the numbers. Anyway, Diann was purchased as the stand in for an aborted Terror of the Lichemaster campaign. So far, I haven't bought any figures for this campaign and so I am searching round my collection for suitable miniatures to fill in the gaps. 

Diann the Girl thief,

Dungeon Adventurers Starter Set - Version 2 - October 1983 

The Prancing Pony


The next scenario - Skirmish in Bree requires a model to act as the Prancing Pony so I think this Oldhammer self-built inn is a perfect Standin. This was last fantasy building I made in the nineties before WH40K completely took over. Like all of my nineties buildings they are all showing considerable wear and tear. So, this one will need a bit of a tidy up.  I don't intend to completely repaint it but will add a few features such as a couple more windows much like a did with other buildings (DIY SOS) and a general touch up. 


I Think I might have a Use for This...




Just spent the weekend sorting out my home office and finally got round to ditching the cardboard desk.  I have been using it for the last two years and I just managed build a proper one. I was just about to crush it and put it in the recycle bin when I realised it would be good source of strong,  unwarpped and most importantly free base boards for wargaming. I have had on the list, a couple of 2" x 2" boards for Scouring of the Shire campaign and wargaming in general. 

To give them a bit of texture (but not too much as I want them basically flat), I stuck some foam card to one side. One side the card was peeled off first and you can probably tell which one didn't come off neatly in one go unlike all the other bits!

I then rolled up a ball of scrunched of aluminium foil over the surface to give it a bit of a texture. This is much easier on a small board but a right pain on two 2" x 2" boards. Finally, a coat of PVA and sand.  


Vexed by Blogger (As Usual) 




Blogger seems to be doing something weird to some of my links to other blog pages and I have seen it on other people's blogs...  Any ideas anyone as it does not seem have an obvious cause? 


Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...