Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Last of the Original Seven Ruffians

Painting Practice

Finished repainting the last of the original seven ruffians, I had them painted up for a Scouring of the Shire campaign about six years ago.  I wasn't painting much around that time, and it shows. Like any skill, painting needs practice and over the last couple of years I feel my painting skills have improved greatly with regular practice (and looking at all of the other great figures on other people's blogs has helped as inspiration). Still plenty of room to improve but at least he can join the new campaign without standing out.  

Without a doubt he is my favourite of the GW ruffians, a real character with plenty of nice details such as the keys on his belt and untucked shirt. 

Sept 2022

Circa 2016
Rob 

2 comments:

  1. The mini is cool, but I think you nailed the paintjob. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was interesting to do a quick comparison between my painting of only a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...