Saturday, September 10, 2022

Farmer Maggot's Scarecrow

 Everyone needs a Scarecrow

Obviously, thoughts turn to playing some games in the Shire after painting these ruffians. I still need a few more ruffians painted in order to play some of the games (from GW's Scouring of the Shire), but I also need some scenic items. One of those is a scarecrow, now I could just use a marker as it is only needed for one game (on farmer Maggot's farm). But where would be the fun in that. 

I also thought I could use the bristles from the brush used to make the whips as straws on the scarecrow. So, I glued the brush bristles to a simple wooden frame. And then covered it in a modelling putty (a 50/50 mix of green stuff and Milliput). The pumpkin head is separate at the moment as it was easier to sculpt it on its own. 

Stage 3 - Modelling Putty

The head needs raising up and a stork, but these can wait until the putty hardens.

Stage 2 - Straw

At this stage superglue went everywhere and mostly on my fingers until I decided to glue the 'straws' together on the brush and then cutting them off as a group.


Stage 1 - Frame

A very quick and simple wooden frame. 

Riolta Snow - World Traveller

Painting also continues on Riolta. 

Riolta before setting out on her world tour

Rob 

1 comment:

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...