Wednesday, August 14, 2024

A Hero of the First Age

 A Forgotten Hero

As I have mentioned several times before, these early high elves by Aly Morrison are all very much individual characters. Quite different from the uniformed ranks of high elves from later editions. As I completed this mini, the thing that struck me was that he reminded me of the descriptions of the great elven heroes of  the first age from Tolkien. Because of his individual character and unique armour and weapons. 

The ones that beat up Melkor and all his Balrog mates in the first age of Middle earth. Unfortunately I don't have a Balrog mini (yet!). So, had to make do with Sauron in the guise of the Necromancer. Which is still oddly appropriate. 

As seemed fitting I also needed a more appropriate backdrop, so used some of my old Games Workshop floors plans. To create a quick dungeon scene and added a bit of scenic lighting. Not perfect but a great little change from the norm. 








Rob 

3 comments:

Colours 2024

No I Cant Say It Its September so I can't say that word, but I did buy the Oakbound Advert Calendar to use in the 12th month. Something ...