Friday, January 12, 2024

The Big Baddie & the Elf

Voltan


Goods knows how they managed to get Jack Palance on a budget of £600K but he chews his way  through the scenes in exactly the way you expect as the big baddie. 

I could spend a very long time writing about the film career of Jack Palance but I reckon you can look it up if you need to!



Voltan alongside his son Drogo (right)

Crow the Elf


“We have sat waiting like this many times before. Sometimes I tire... of the fighting and killing. At night, I can hear the call of my race. They wait for me. When I join them, we will be forgotten.”

Crow


I could have sworn the bow was also white but these photos from the film tell a different story. Crow has been the trickiest one to paint to so far. Because his clothing is all a one colour patchwork. But in the end it was just a matter of taking the time to highlight all of the main panels. 



Ray Charleson played played Crow. His acting career is a bit quieter although he did appear in a number of British TV dramas such as  Dempsey and Makepeace. 


Right time for the beers.

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...