Sunday, January 7, 2024

Flogging a Dead Horse

 Looks Like Meats Back on the Menu, Boys

Not much time for painting at the moment but I did manage to get some games in.  However, I finally called to a halt to the restoration of this kitbashed Uruk-Hai shaman. Sometimes the skill is knowing when to stop!

As he didn't cost anything at the time as he was made from left over minis and the current Uruk-Hai  is over £8 as part of the >£30 set I feel he is a bit of a bargain 😁. 


The slain goblin's head never looked very good as the detail wasn't sharpen enough. So, After several attempts to 'improve' it with painting. I finally gave up and  removed and added a head from the bits box. Hence the title of this post as it took a while to realise that I was never going to get the result I wanted with the old goblin's head. 

I didn't have any suitable Oathmark goblin heads as they all had helmets. But one of the Aztec heads looked quite good especially as he had his hair tidied up in a topknot. And as a tabletop mini I think this is perfectly acceptable. 


Pre-touch up. 

I did the original conversion about fifteen years ago without any green stuff when I needed a shaman for a one-off game. He was the body of a plastic Uruk-Hai berserker and and the legs of a Uruk-Hai warrior. With card weapons in his belt which made of cotton thread. While the execution was basic to say the least, I did like the overall result. Particularly the hand print across his helmet, which I decided to keep.  So, he got a bit of an update, this time with green stuff and some leftover plastic weapons. 



Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Nice refurbishment of your uruk: the severed head is now much more visible. But in LoTR lore do Uruks have shamans? Were they introduced in the GW game?

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...