Saturday, September 9, 2023

Airbrush Blues

 And the Closest To Buying a New Games Workshop Mini in Twenty Years*

After 8 months of hassle free air brushing, the airbrush finally clogged. And I had to resort to YouTube videos on how to clean it. Which I did but this didn't fix the problem. So back to the videos and still no joy. Eventually I worked out that the nozzle was broken (see photo) and was able to extract  it (very carefully). A replacement was ordered and I was back in business.  Probably broken  when I extracted the needle.  

A great example of it was obvious once I worked it out!

*Now I have been given a few current GW minis but I didn't pay for them. The last lot I bought were the LotR minis about twenty years ago. 


On  a better note, I was able to get the Slann mage priest mini I wanted, now it is still the most expensive mini I have bought since getting back into hobby. But was only half the price of the current Slann mage priest! Now all I have to do is work out how I want to paint it!


And at 20 years old is he old enough to count as Oldhammer?


As it is a resin one I am guessing is a later one, as I think the earlier versions of this mini were metal?


Something that is definitely is Oldhammer, is this classic Uruk Hai. However, what is odd about this mini is the weapon. As it looks as if the skeleton's head has been moulded on instead of the expected spear. As I am not aware that there were any variants of this mini. It could a recast but why bother if you are going to change it? The other two minis in the set were as expected. 




Rob

4 comments:

  1. Ouch, sorry to hear about the airbrush, but you are still on bussiness, and that's all that counts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it has been learning curve with the airbrush.

      Delete
  2. I think Oldhammer is a state of mind rather than age of the mini, so I'd say it counts ;-)

    I have those Uruk Hai (wonderful minis) and something is very odd with that mini. I'm sure that skull is from and old grenadier skeleton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just removed the skull and it was moulded onto the figure. Yep so a bit odd why it was done.

      Delete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...