Friday, July 29, 2022

Horses Or Ponies?

ME-21 Boromir - Part 2


My latest Boromir has arrived, the mounted version of the ME-21 Boromir. And the thing that struck me first is just how small the horse (or pony!) he is riding. It really does look like they ran out of horses when Boromir went looking for a mount. 

I wonder if this is Citadel trying to save money by making a smaller model or did they just forget to scale up their horses when scaled up their 25mm to 28mm figures? 


Boromir alongside a 90's Grenadier mounted barbarian

Call of the Wild


When I ordered the wolfhounds from Alternative Armies, I also took the opportunity to pick up a few of their other figures that I fancied. Among them was the druidess, I didn't realise she was a resin figure until she turned up (It does clearly say she is a resin figure on the website, I just didn't read it). It doesn't really matter but it was a surprise to see the grey resin alongside the other shiny metal figures. 

I haven't any great plans for her but I do quite like their Seasons of Celebration range  and I quite like the idea of any army of evil snowmen. Ironic in the middle of a heatwave!



Rob 

1 comment:

  1. We have read several times on the web complaints about the too small size of citadel/GW horses. It seems to us that this is inspired by the saving of material (and therefore of money): for a wargame, the cavalry stands out because it is mounted astride SOMETHING, even if the proportions are not respected. Boromir is not the only one who arrived late in the stables and did not find a real horse ... Also the miniature of the druid is nice, and we did not know: for now a solitary character, but we do not doubt that he will soon find adventure companions!

    ReplyDelete

Rescue the Baggage (Again)

The Company of Thorin Gets Smaller This was a tense scenario even with the changes as the dwarves only just escaped (after Bifur’s heroic de...