Sunday, June 12, 2022

ME-21 Boromir & Prodos Fae

 The Captain of the White Tower 

I think this figure is much more suited as Boromir - Captain of the White Tower with his armour and two swords. Like most of the classic Lord of the Rings range, a pleasure to paint and I am pleased with the final result. 

Although, may have to go back and fix one of Boromir’s eyes, which doesn't seem to have come out well in the photos but it looked fine at the time I painted it. 



Obviously there has to be  picture of Boromir against some orcs!

Boromir against some suitably aged orcs. 

Prodos Games Fae


I bought this set back in April last year Fae Guard on impulse off of eBay because I liked the Elven looking guard (4th from left)  and some of them fitted in well with the Fae army I was doing at the time. I did a couple of them at the time I bought them but mostly they sat waiting for the Hexwraith flame experiments. 

I think it would be fair to say that painting these figures has run the whole range from good to bad painting experiences. However, it has given me a chance to try different techniques and at just over £1 per figure they didn't break the bank.

They are beautifully sculpted figures but most of them don't really say Fae to me. However, I do now have a very nice skeletal champion to join either the undead or chaos armies. 


Rob 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you are painting these classic LOTR miniatures. Great work on Boromir.
    I have always been intrigued by this sculpt. I am guessing that, unlike most of the miniatures in the old Citadel LOTR range, it wasn't sculpted by Bob Naismith. The style and even scale of the miniature is a little different than all the others. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments. I think this one is by Bob Naismith and the other one with a shield isn't. But it's only a guess on my part. I posted a picture of them both to compare.

      Delete

Rescue the Baggage (Again)

The Company of Thorin Gets Smaller This was a tense scenario even with the changes as the dwarves only just escaped (after Bifur’s heroic de...