Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Trio of Boromirs

Picking Favourites


In answer to a question posted in the comments of the blog. I took a quick picture to compare the three figures. The middle figure is clearly bigger than the right hand figure. As to sculptors, I am not sure but I think the middle might be Bob Naismith and the one the right is one of the Perry twins? Thoughts anyone?

Both  classic sculpts are great figures but I prefer the bigger scale of the middle one. Befitting for Boromir as a renown warrior. Just don't ask me to pick between the film and the classic versions...



Rob 

4 comments:

  1. The middle Boromir is the best I think too. But that Dunlending figure😫 I really feel Citadel lost their way with the 1985 range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do agree on Boromir but I like the Dunderlings. I like they are trying a different look and size to other human figures.

      Delete
  2. For us too the central miniature of Boromir appears the best of the three, while we are not fascinated by the miniature inspired by the Jackson's film.
    We take this opportunity to ask why the Citadel range of the 1980s produced more than one miniature of the same character, even with the variants on foot and on horseback. What kind of game were they intended for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Citadel at this stage had developed a strategy of figure making around their games. So guys are still making figures because they wanted too.

    ReplyDelete

Rescue the Baggage (Again)

The Company of Thorin Gets Smaller This was a tense scenario even with the changes as the dwarves only just escaped (after Bifur’s heroic de...