Wednesday, December 20, 2023

For Gondor

 Boromir Makes an Appearance 

When I was about three quarters through painting the warriors of Minas Tirith, I realised, I had a half painted Boromir - Captain of Gondor sitting at the back of the in-progress* shelf.  So, he pushed himself to the front of the queue once the warriors were done. 

All ten of warriors and rangers have now been painted. With only the knight to complete.


* Or I got bored, lost interest or couldn't work what to do next shelf.


I have now finished the ruined base for the knight. As it is a bit bigger, I decided to make a little dockside quay. With a bit of picket fence. Now ready to paint.



All ten minis of the original plan.

Rob

4 comments:

  1. Hooray for Gondor: the forces now have a commander who will drive the orc scum out of Osgiliath! The idea of ​​creating a customized base for the rider is brilliant. Will other knights emerge from the mysterious shelf to form a squadron?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more knights at the moment. He was on his own in little box of random GW stuff I picked up at a car boot sale a few years ago. Although I quite enjoyed this little warband and so may try and get a few more.

      Delete
  2. So cool. I'm hooked to this project, it's wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Definitely fulfils my cheaphammer brief as it was made up minis from the rescue box and pile of plastic opportunity 😀. And no money spent.

    ReplyDelete

Thorin Enters the Fray

That's A Lot of Goblins Refought Guard the Crossing which played out in a very similar fashion to the first game, in that the goblins d...