Thursday, November 16, 2023

Warfare 2023

First Time in ?

So, I have been to Warfare before but it was so long ago that I can't even remember when it was. This felt like a very different show to Salute, as its focus is really on the tournaments rather than the display games. However, there was a very good selection of traders and display games. 

Most of my time was spent looking at all of the trade stands and catching up with friends. So, I didn't take many pictures.  But I was particularly impressed by the Hex Wing game (See pictures Iron-Mitten - Hex Wing Game) which involved a trio of witches on broomsticks making a bombing run on the Houses of Parliament.

There seemed to be a lot more offers about, especially on paints, and while they might not be full ranges there was plenty of choice. But my mate did pick up a full range of 10 speed paints for £20.   

Got these little bits of scenery for a £1 each.

Paints £2 each or four for a fiver. 

'A Crown of Thorns' - A game set in 1938 Palestine. I do really like these odd pre-war planes and tanks. 

An Operation Sealion  game. 

As expected there were plenty of 3D printers and these ones from Disain Studio, caught my eye. Both were impulse buys  with this Ankylosaurus joining the Slann army. 


And as expected the Doedicurus didn't take long to paint and looks good finished. I really need to play some more games of Paleo hunt. 


Also finally got a set of Raven's Revenge from Crooked Dice which will get put away for Christmas. Which is clearly is Hawk the Slayer and his companions.


'What do you mean you have never heard of Hawk the Slayer???'


Hawk the Slayer is a very low budget fantasy film from 1980. But somehow managed to employ a very large number of British character actors and Jack Palance as the main baddie. Given the very (and could are a very large number of 'very's to this) low budget still decided they needed an elf, dwarf and a giant. Yet despite all of the obvious financial and technical limitations still managed a fun and exciting film (at least to a very young me!). Expect to see more on this later...


Sharkey's rogues can expect to do double duties as Voltan's evil henchmen when I finally get to play a game. 

Rob

2 comments:

  1. Nice plunder! :D
    Dammit, now I need to watch that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to watch again and check out the scenery for some scenarios.

      Delete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...