Saturday, November 18, 2023

Undead Army Quick Challenge

I Found an Army (sort of) 


As what started as an idle Sunday morning thought last week, given all of the zombies I painted this year. Did I have enough minis for a legit WFB 3rd Ed. 1000pts. So, I put together a quick army list and the short answer was no. 

I was missing the unit of Grim Reapers (skeletons armed with 2-handed weapons). So, given I had box of Oathmark revenants sitting on the shelf. I decided to put  together a unit of ten revenants with 2-handed weapons to make up the minimum requirements. Given the minis come with light armour, I sort had to include this in the army list. 


It is probably a bit of a cheat to call the zombie dragon a Carrion but it doesn't really fit into the army list proper and is such a great mini so I had to fit it in somehow.  Now, I do have quite a few more characters and another unit of twenty skeletons. So, could probably stretch to 1500-2000pts without going nuts on characters. But to be fair a level 25 vampire is 690 points on his own with out any equipment let alone magical items. 

The extra ten undead warriors.

The 1000pts in all its glory. 


Now, I am not saying this is the most competitive army list but the minimum points requirements are quite heavy and this was trying to use what I already had. 



 Rob

2 comments:

  1. We've all collected an army by accident haven't we? I didn't mean to collect an orc and goblin army, but here I am! For an unplanned army, it looks really nice and cohesive, good job!

    And a quick shout out to the building in the background - based on one from the Warhammer Townscape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good spot on the building. It was based on the house from Blood Bath at Orc’s Drift but I think it was also in the Town scape set.

      Delete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...