Saturday, November 4, 2023

Get Your Own Treasure!

Treasure Hunting 80s Style


I quite pleased how this one turned out, and really underlines Tom Meier's sculpting skill. Given it was originally sculpted in the 80s and then released by Citadel. It is still available via Ral Partha Legacy in the USA but I got mine from in UK from an importer (https://www.miniature-heroes.co.uk/) for a reasonable price. 

I had originally planned to make the treasure pile from small discs cut from plastic rods to look like coins. But it just didn't look right. So, I mixed the plastic rods with some sieved sand and this created the right mix of sizes and shapes. 





Rob

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I already said that I love the dragon, but the treasure is awesome, can't believe you made it as you told! It looks so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The treasure looks amazing painted up like this. I'll have to try that method for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...