Monday, November 14, 2022

Where's Bombur?

 The Company Grows

I have managed to find a bit of pace with these dwarves and now I might actually finish Thorin's company. The latest two done were Fili and Kili. I did go a bit off script on the colour schemes, but I am happy with the final look. 

I had originally planned to paint them in their little groups and Bifur& Bofur have been my favourites so far. But Bombur had other plans (So Fili & Kill jumped the queue) and I just couldn't get the beard right and this is his most distinctive feature. So, after several attempts at salvaging the paint job he went in the IPA. 

Bifur, Bofur & ?

Fili & Kili

The Company of Thorin Oakenshield  so far...

Regular readers of my blog will know that I have struggled to get a satisfactory finished look for these dwarves, and it has taken me until about halfway through the set before I have been ok with the look of the completed figures.  But now I am starting to get the right finished look, I am starting to look at the early figures and thinking. That maybe I should go back and do a bit of touching up on the first three or four. So, Gloin was the first have a 30-minute 'improvement' session. 

Found Him!

Something a Bit Different


It's nice to paint up something that looks like an interesting to paint rather than just to complete a squad or fill in that missing gap in the collection. And this figure definitely slotted into this role. I have no real plans for her except that she was fun to paint.

Napoleonic Alternia

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape From Goblin Town (Take 2) - Battle 1

Here We Go Again Replayed the first game again with my scenario changes, which in this game was an extra walkway. I dislike scenarios where ...