Sunday, November 13, 2022

12 Props in 12 Hours - Part 2

 And it Was All Going So Well

So, at the halfway stage, I had 38 minutes in hand, but I wanted to tackle some more difficult props. 

Prop 7 - Elemental Stone (The Fifth Element) 


Here's what it should have looked like

Maybe I should have gone for a Multipass


Ok so somehow this took nearly two hours, and it is just a triangular bloc. And I made the mistake of using a black undercoat and then just going for a series of dry brushing. If it hadn't taken so long, I would probably have gone back and given it a mid-brown undercoat. 




Prop 7 - 117 minutes


Prop 8 - Samaritan Bullets & Storage Box (Hellboy)


While I really would have liked to make a Samaritan that was never going to happen in 60 minutes, so I settled for some bullets instead. Conveniently you can get copper pipe in 22mm. In fact, I spent more time on the box art than on the bullets as I did logo on MS paint. 

The main man (demon)

Rough build stage

Prop 8 - 53 minutes

Prop 9 - Howler (Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets)


Time to fit in another relatively quick paper-based prop. I did cheat a bit on this one as the text was pulled off the internet. 

Prop 9 - 33 minutes

Prop 10 - Katana's Mask (Suicide Squad) 


When I saw this cheap paper mask, I immediately thought of Katana's mask and so this was a very easy build. Plus, it was only a pound!






Prop 11 - Liberator Teleporter Bracelet (Blakes 7)


Another really classic TV show with a really dramatic ending. I spent a bit of time trying to decide what was the best way of getting the very shiny markings around the outside. Including using silver foil but in the end, it was just easier to mask off the shapes and spray with chrome paint. Again, I am not quite sure why this took so long. 

Avon calling



Prop 11 - 111 minutes

Prop 12 - Gandalf's Pipe (Lord of the Rings)


I couldn't finish this challenge without something from Lord of the Rings, so Gandalf's pipe seemed like a good choice. And I even had time to make a quick stand. 



Prop 12- 38 minutes

Rounding it all Off


Ok, so twelve props done in twelve hours.  And a couple of the builds took nearly two hours each. Ironically neither of the slow builds are my favourites and I don't think they are the best looking of the props. My favourite is the Copper Bones key, but I enjoyed making all of them. Even if some of them were a right pain. 

How the timings worked out


Finished

Rob 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Escape From Goblin Town (Take 2) - Battle 1

Here We Go Again Replayed the first game again with my scenario changes, which in this game was an extra walkway. I dislike scenarios where ...