Friday, October 15, 2021

Thistlewood - Lord Vassago's Heavy Hitters

 Trolls, Wyvern and Uruks

Ugrash-Ka, Trolls & Wyvern

When I found the trolls, I also found the giant hill troll who was with them. He seemed a much better choice for Ugrash-Ka. The one pictured in the White Dwarf article is large ogre / troll ? from Ral Partha (See below). So out goes the Dunderling and in comes the hill troll, Both were painted already so didn't requirement any extra work. 😀

The original Ugrash-Ka


Ready for War!

With the completion of a standard bearer and musician (Nick Lund's Grenadier Orcs from Fornlorn Hope)  for Ugezod's Death Commandos, this finishes the unit of ten needed for the fighting Uruks in Lord Vassago's army.


This will bring me up to 82% for the evil forces. The forces of good are lagging behind on 62%. So I will need to work out what I want to get to finish them off. I am thinking I might convert some beastmen into centaurs (only three needed) so that they could also be used for my Fae and Chaos armies if I don't make them heroic/chaotic/faerie*. 

* delete as appropriate. 

Rob

1 comment:

  1. Shaping up nicely. The original Ugrush-Ka is a Ral Partha Hecatron ( whatever that is). Possibly my favourite ever fantasy figure. If you need old school centaurs the Hinchliffe ones might be suitable...all available at £3 each from yours truly.

    ReplyDelete

Game 5 - The Wizard and the Burglar

Gandalf Stuck In the Corner Another scenario that GW seems to have written in special rules order to make it completely unplayable. Once aga...