Thursday, October 14, 2021

A Little Bit of Wargaming History

FF54 Wyvern - circa 1981 by Joe Dever


I got my own little bit of wargaming history today  with the arrival of a 1980s Fiend Factory Citadel Wyvern. This is one from the late Joe Dever's collection. Thanks to Springinsfeld (over at  BROADSWORDS AND BEASTS) for helping me out to get this classic. Who will fill a gap in Thistlewood forces.  He is selling them on behalf of Joe's family for charity so if you fancy one for yourself you can find them at: 

Items for sale by malplaquet_miniatures | eBay

He already looks very at home with halfling contingent as he is a more noble looking monster!

Rob 

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful scuplt! Great addtion to any collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he got to you safely. He does look like an heraldic beast, which is why I've always liked the sculpt. Nice photo too... brings out detail I hadn't noticed on the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I was surprised (in a good way) how subtle the detail was on the figure.

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...