Sunday, September 5, 2021

Oin & Dori

Dwarf No. 2 Finished  - Oin the Pain



I have finished Oin (for the moment) but not entirely satisfied with him. The flesh wash seems to have obscured his features rather than highlighting them and the staff always seemed to be in the way of whatever I was trying to paint. In short (no joke intended) a real pain to paint and I have been tempted on more than one occasion to strip the paint off and start again. However the issues I have had with the staff have definitely put me off. Still I think it is time  to move on to the next dwarf whilst, I stew about what to to with Oin. 

However, I have decided to use a mix of Stirland mud and small slate pieces on the bases. To simulate the Wilds. 

Dwarf No. 3 "May I tempt you with a cup of chamomile?" Dori



After the dull greys of Oin, I am hopefully moving onto the deep reds of Dori. 


Rob 

1 comment:

  1. Very cool bases! I agree, that staff is very much in the way - in fact I think I struggled a bit with all of these dwarves. They look amazing as a group though!

    ReplyDelete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...