Friday, July 5, 2024

A High Elf Call to Arms

Another Army Started by (Almost) Accident


After painting a few more high elves, I realised I was only one elf short of completing a little set (3rd Citadel Compendium). So a quick search of eBay gave me the Guard mini and the set. 

This also set me thinking, like the Undead could I make a 1000pt army list from WFB 3rd. Ed. And like the undead army, the answer was sort of.  While I can make a 1000pts of high elves, it wasn't a particularly inspiring list (but legit) because it had too many heroes and wizards and not enough rank and file. So, I have reworked the list and I still have a few minis to go. 

I don't fancy paying nearly £40 for a bolt thrower so I may have to think about options. As this is a real 80s and 90s army. I don't want to break that vibe. 


 

Thanks Stuff of Legends, it saved me a hunt 
for my 3rd Citadel Compendium!


A quick group shot to work out what was missing. And just as important how much was there still to paint. 



And tonight's beer of choice is a Dorset IPA. 

Rob 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, almost by accindent, I know what it's like! Well done indeed.
    And any beer with a dinosaur on the label is totally worth of it!

    ReplyDelete

Colours 2024

No I Cant Say It Its September so I can't say that word, but I did buy the Oakbound Advert Calendar to use in the 12th month. Something ...