Monday, May 27, 2024

Eru-Kin Kickstarter Unboxing

Time for More Slann


My Eru-Kin Kickstarter from Diehard minis  has arrived which mainly consists of my elite Eru-Kin Slann warriors which I will be using as Eagle Warriors in my army. 

First up on the paint bench.

It looks like Malacassa will ride again 
 

I now I have to be honest, I had no intension of getting the Amazons until I saw them. They just shouted Oldhammer in a good way. And one will probably get converted to Karra Lakota of Magnificent Sven fame


The only issue  I have with these minis is the gel superglue that I normally use just isn't good enough and I did have to go and buy some 2-part epoxy glue instead. But this does of course allow a much larger variety but it does just mean I have to be a bit more disciplined and put the minis together in groups. A bit like the paint stripping in  that it has to reach a much higher threshold before I can get the mental energy together before it gets done!


I Know What I Should DO!


I know I should really put this mini (vintage Legolas) through the paint stripper before painting  but I just can't be bothered at the moment. So, will give him a go first. 


His mount is already painted without paint stripping, so I have some hope!


Rob

2 comments:

  1. They are very nice. I have some of the original Amazons, and those are clearly modelled on them, down to the poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That they looked like old Citadel ones was the deciding factor when I picked them.

      Delete

Colours 2024

No I Cant Say It Its September so I can't say that word, but I did buy the Oakbound Advert Calendar to use in the 12th month. Something ...