Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Bilbo Wanders Off

I am Calling this One Done

As mentioned before it was a real struggle to get Bilbo finished which is why he has been sitting on the paint table for so long. The first three miniatures from the set practically leapt of the paint table finished to a standard I was quite happy with.  Anyway this just leaves Sam to complete the 80s ME-34 Hobbits from the Shire set.




Meanwhile at the Local Museum

The local museum in Chichester has a Tolkien exhibition on at the moment and I finally managed to pop in and take a look. The theme of the exhibition was really centred on how Tolkien's works have been portrayed over the years. I have tried to pull out a few items that stood out as new to me as much of the stuff I had seen before in various forms.

First off a few nice replica props

Proving that even Leonard Nimoy must have done a few drugs in the 60s - The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins. 

Some classic Grenadier halflings.


A few action figures for the cartoon 'The Lord of the Rings'. 


Of course it makes me want to get the Fellowship figures out and try and get them out of Moria again. 

An actual first edition of the Hobbit


Rob

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that Bilbo! I love how happy he looks, thinking of himself about to live an adventure!
    That exposition is pure love! I can see therewas no dark corner left in the research... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. He might look happy but he was pain to paint!

    ReplyDelete

Not A Goblin

No Really - Actually It's Dragon Newt After painting up the goblin horde it was time for something different. The fantastic Dragon Newt ...