Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Halfling Ranger Captain - WIP

 A Golden Gobbo Entry



Just a quick post, on my current work in progress. A halfling captain for my Shire Rangers.  I have finished the small unit of five Rangers for the halfling army (pictures to follow) but I wanted a suitable leader for this unit and I also need to complete my entry for the Golden Gobbo competition over on the Oldhammer forum Oldhammer Forum • Index page . Due by the end of the month. 



I have added a few bits of extra equipment to the basic figure including a backpack from an old Combat Zone ganger. I also had to sculpt on some green stuff straps for the backpack. The idea is that the Rangers have to live of the land so would carry more equipment than the usual halfling militia. 



A slight adjustment after reading the rules and realising he needs to be on plastic base and not a homemade one! So I used a 20mm Spare marine one so that it is the same size/height as the rest of the army. 



A couple of homemade arrows for the base. 

Rob

2 comments:

  1. Very characterful mini! He looks a very capable leader.
    How did you build the arrows for the base?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arrow shafts are made from paper clips. The fletchings are made from small cardboard diamonds. They are dipped in pva glue and carefully placed using tweezers. You have to get an even amount of glue on each side so the cardboard doesn't move.

    ReplyDelete

Ori Finds His Mark

A Bit of Extra Fun And I played a quick solo extra scenario, after recovering their gear, Gloin becomes separated from Nori & Ori. Howev...