Friday, August 6, 2021

One Year On

First New Fantasy Army (For a While...) 

It has been about a year since I seriously started to paint again and about 7 months since I started this blog. Since then  I have painted 278 miniatures. Mostly figures for three fantasy armies: Undead, Chaos & Fae. All of which were new armies for me. First up was the  Undead army.  The Chaos & Fae armies have already been covered in other blog posts so I won't cover these here. 

The middle one is the figure which started the undead off as an army.
As an attempt to paint in the style of the modern LotR army of the dead. 

Undead Army

The Undead Horde in all its decaying glory



As I got back into painting last year. It started with the classic (Oldhammer) Lord of the Rings Barrow Wight and sort of grew from there. It is difficult put a points value on this type of army as a level 5 Vampire (WFB 3rd Ed.) costs 330 points. But I can easily build 1000 to 2000 points. It is bit unbalanced as an army but fun to paint and I will probably add a few units to balance it out. Notably cavalry  and a few more skeletons. 

This army sort of got overtaken by the chaos army. They started as an allied contingent and then overtook the undead. 

Painted So Far

  • 20 Grave Guard  - Citadel / Fornlorn Hope / Lord of the Rings
  • 22 Skeletons / Scarecrows / Zombies - Citadel / Mantic
  • 1 Zombie Dragon - Ral Partha / Tom Meier
  • 4 Wights – Citadel / Marauder
  • 2 Banshees – Citadel / Reaper
  • 1 Liche - Marauder
  • 1 Necromancer - Marauder
  • 1 Vampire- Marauder

Ø  Rob 

1 comment:

  1. Nice work. I do like the figures Folorn Hope are getting back into production... Nick Lund is probably my favourite sculptor.

    ReplyDelete

Nearly all the Goblins

Escape from Goblin Town Campaign Mk. 2 I have played through the campaign once and the dwarves got beaten in four of the five scenarios. Wit...